Are you trying to plan your homeschool year?
After 25 years of homeschooling and using numerous resources, I am convinced that The Peaceful Press is the best resource for developing thinking, caring children.
We've chosen literature that develops compassion, poetry, and art that stir up a love for beauty, and we've combined it with simple-to-follow parent plans.
We know you have many choices, and it's hard to decide what is best for your family, but we are confident that our resources will give your children a great education while building family connection and avoiding burnout.
Here are a few recommendations of where to start
- Lay a foundation. If your children are 5 and under, start with the Peaceful Preschool to learn letters and develop strong motor skills for life-long learning. Follow the Peaceful Preschool with Nourishing Nature Kindergarten, which continues the work started in the Peaceful Preschool and thoroughly prepares your child for first grade. Both the Peaceful Preschool and Nourishing Nature Kindergarten contain a useful parent guide with teaching strategies and tips to get you started learning at home.
- Choose your elementary adventure. Starting with first grade, we recommend The Playful Pioneers Vol. 1, then follow it with The Kind Kingdom Vol. 1, and then The Precious People . In Grades 4-6 you repeat this pattern studying The Playful Pioneers Vol. 2, The Kind Kingdom Vol 2, and The Precious People Vol 2.. You are welcome to follow a different order if it works better for your family. This curriculum is all about connection and incorporating multiple children across grade levels is one way we do that, so choose the resource that will work best for your children.
- Pick a math curriculum. We love Right Start Math for grades 1-6. Other good options are Teaching Textbooks, Math U See or CTC Math. Remember, Peaceful Preschool and Nourishing Nature are complete bundles and do not need anything added. But for grades 1-6, you will add a skill appropriate math curriculum.
- Choose grammar, phonics, or spelling curriculum. With the Peaceful Press, handwriting, literature, and narration are included. For students in fourth through sixth grade, add writing instruction through Institute for Excellence in Writing, which also includes some grammar, so that our children learn how to structure an essay. For children who need extra support in learning to read and spell we recommend resources from All About Reading. We add in a year or two of grammar, Fix-It Grammar from I.E.W. is a favorite. Our children learn to be good communicators mainly through the books they read and the writing that they do based on those books, and this sets them up for college success without overwhelming our early years of homeschooling with busy work.
- Enjoy a peaceful year! Because the art, poetry, handcrafts, and practical skill-building is all included in the Peaceful Press resources, you can simply enjoy easy daily lesson plans and quality time with your children. This builds connection which is one of the greatest predictors of mature thinking and behavior, and it also supports deep academic learning, critical thinking, and strong processing skills.